- engineering plastics
DEMS represents world renowned products, and our basket of Engineering plastics include brands such as Tufnol, Vesconite, Nylacast nylons, Perspex, Keylon PTFE's and Wefapress polyethylene's. These products are all supplied cut to size, in rod, tube and sheet form, or your components can be designed and machined by our well-equipped and qualified engineering works.
- Is the foremost supplier of engineering plastics in KwaZulu-Natal
- Has established a sales and distribution facility in Gauteng
- Stocks an extensive range of thermoplastics as well as thermoset plastics
- Offers professional advice on product selection
- Produce technical drawings and production specifications
- Cut to size
- Machine various materials to full finished components
- Injection, compression, or roto-mould items to customer requirements
- Over 50 years experience in engineering plastics
A B S
Sheet only - low cost, signage material.
A thermoplastic with a high level of stability and rigidity as well as good sliding properties and wear resistance in rod and tube.
Sheet in various colours, clear rod and tube - excellent outdoor use, no load or scratch resistance, UV stabilized, excellent for signage and fabrication.
D M C
Dough Moulded Compound for low cost electrical insulating, moulded items.
HDPE / UHMWPE
Sheet and solid rod – a thermoplastic with high toughness and chemical resistance but rather low mechanical strength in comparison to other plastics.
Sheet, rod and tube - extruded and cast nylons with high mechanical stability and good wear resistance, including our own premier grade, Demex.
Hi impact resistance, dimensionally stable, good use in fabrication of machine guards.
Sheet and solid rod – a thermoplastic with high rigidity and very good chemical resistance.
P T F E
Sheet, rod and tube plus moulded items - high temp 260°C, excellent chemical resistance, low co-efficient of friction, various fillers available.
Sheet, rod and tube - plus moulded items (various colours) Poly-urethane is an excellent alternative to rubber for wear and chemical resistance.
Pultruded fibre-glass profiles in continuous lengths, for high strength, electrical insulation items.
P V C
Sheet and solid rod – a rigid material with excellent chemical resistance and bonding properties.
View our Engineering Plastics RangeDownload Brochure